Vocational Nursing Open House
December 1, 2015 6:00 pm – 7:30
Texas Technology Center 2189 FM 758, New Braunfels, Texas
Click here for the open house flyer.
Download the 2016 Admission Criteria and Application Process packet - click here to download packet.
Vocational Nursing application deadline is April 7, 2016.
Nursing - a career with a future!
- Do you readily help others?
- Are you organized, patient, flexible, and compassionate?
- Do you have the ability to remain calm in a crisis?
- Do you have a high school diploma?
- Do you have a background in chemistry, biology, algebra, and English?
Consider nursing, a career that combines technical skills with caring and compassion. Nursing is high tech and high touch!
Why choose St. Philip's College – CTTC New Braunfels Campus?
- We will help you achieve your dreams! We will tutor and guide you; we will help you earn your nursing credentials.
- Our caring shows! We create a family atmosphere.
- Knowledgeable, dedicated faculty will provide the personalized attention you need to succeed.
- Among community colleges, we rank first in LVN licensing exam pass rates.
- We are one of the oldest and largest nursing programs in Texas.
- Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN)
- Designed for concentrated study, the four semester Vocational Nursing certificate program is shorter in duration than the two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) program.
- Program combines classroom/laboratory study and supervised patient care (clinical practice).
- Classes prepare you for the National Council Licensing Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)
When you choose nursing, you are choosing to spend your life helping others!
Today, there is a significant nursing shortage, and statistics show that the need for nurses in years to come will only become greater. The Department of Labor estimates that employment of Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) is expected to grow at least 14 percent, faster than the average for all occupations.
Licensed vocational nurses:
- Provide direct care for patients of all ages
- Administer medication
- Provide therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
- Work under the direction of physicians and/or registered nurses
- Work in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes, clinics, doctors' offices, and other settings
In the St. Philip's College Vocational Nursing Program, you will:
- Learn current standards of nursing practice
- Learn primary nursing skills
- Learn technology skills used in health care
- Practice nursing skills in laboratory and real-world settings
- Develop technical competence and problem-solving skills
- Learn to work collaboratively with other members of the health care team
- Be prepared to successfully pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN)
The Vocational Nursing Program is a Texas Board of Nursing (BON) and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approved program.
- The Vocational Nursing certificate plan, typically completed in four semesters, consists of 47 credit hours of vocational nursing courses.
- The program is offered at the New Braunfels – Central Texas Technology Center extension campus (day classes only).
- Classes are held Monday through Friday. Some courses may be offered in a Distance Learning format.
- Class start dates are August only for the New Braunfels campus.
- Students are required to attend clinical rotations in San Antonio and surrounding areas which include New Braunfels and Seguin.
- Due to the full-time requirement of class attendance and clinical rotations, you are advised to limit full-time employment for the duration of the program.
For More Information:
St. Philip's College
Vocational Nursing Program
New Braunfels Campus
Tel: 210-486-7402 or 830-609-2110