Video courtesy of Austin Community College, Alamo Colleges College Connection Program information below:
In partnership with area independent school districts, the College Connection program is designed to assist high school seniors transition into higher education as part of the Closing the Gaps initiative.
What are the advantages of participating in the College Connection Program?
- Assistance with FREE application
- Students will participate in a hands-on workshop to complete their ApplyTexas application to any of the five Alamo Colleges (Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, Palo Alto College, St. Philip's College, and San Antonio College). The ApplyTexas application can also be used to apply for admission at any public or state college.
- Assistance and guidance completing the MyMap online modules
- MyMap modules are required for all First-Time-In-College Students (FTIC).
- College Placement/Assessment Information
- Students will receive information in regards to the Alamo Colleges college placement exam. Testing costs and testing locations will be provided.
- Assistance with Financial Aid Information and Processing
- FAFSA application
- Scholarship Resources
- Registration assistance:
- Students will receive help registering for their college classes while in high school. This often saves time and prevents the need for the student to come to the college campus.
- Staying ahead
- If the student plans to enroll at a four-year institution, they will be able to get ahead by taking classes the summer before they leave.
- Save money
- Students are able to complete transferable courses at a lower cost at any of the five Alamo Colleges, prior to and during enrollment at a four-year institution.
- Keep all options open
- Although students may plan to attend a four-year institution, having other options is important. By participating in the College Connection program, students are able to plan accordingly.