Your E-mail Just Got Smarter!
Beginning in Spring 2012, Alamo Colleges will introduce you to your new e-mail! Stay organized, connected and incredible! With your new Alamo Colleges e-mail, you get way more than an e-mail address. It’s your personal “cloud” that lets you store 25GB of all of your stuff online for access anywhere! It’s a group workspace for team assignments and meetings! It’s a personal assistant that can send you reminders and alerts. And, NOW, you can access your e-mail directly on your Droid, iPhone, or iPad so you can go anywhere and do whatever you need to do to be an awesome student!
Microsoft Outlook Live
Alamo Colleges Students are provided with a hosted e-mail with the following features:
- Free 10 GB inbox, 25 MB maximum total e-mail message size; 18 MB file attachments.
- Features like shared calendars, drag and drop messages, and conversation view.
- Use popular browsers on Windows or Mac; Firefox and Safari are also supported.
- Directories can be integrated with faculty/staff on our Exchange environment.
- Multi-mailbox search for e-mail messages sent and received across the entire organization.
Microsoft Office Web Apps
Students have full access to online versions of enterprise products at no additional costs. These include:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Easily store and retrieve files and documents online in a password protected environment
- Access, view and edit your online documents from home, the classroom, the library, or virtually any computer that is connected to the Internet
- View and perform basic editing functions on your online documents even from a computer that doesn't have Microsoft Office installed
- Be able to control who has permission to view or edit any one of your documents, allowing for group collaboration or faculty/student communications
- Simultaneously edit documents (Excel spreadsheets and OneNote notebooks) with others in real-time and see exactly who is editing and viewing your documents
- When you need to access the additional features of Microsoft Office, it takes just one click from any Office Web App to open the file in the corresponding Microsoft Office program on your desktop
- Available for free through Windows Live SkyDrive
Windows Live SkyDrive
Alamo Colleges Students will now have 25 GB of free online storage. As such, they can store, access and share files with instructors, friends or classmates, from anywhere online. In addition, they also receive:
- 25 GB of free online storage
- Password-protected: Students decide who sees what
- Drag and Drop: Uploading content is as easy as dragging and dropping the files from your computer onto the Web
- Shared folders: Working on a project with classmates? With shared folders, the whole team can upload, download, and collaborate on documents and other files
Windows Live Spaces
Students often request Groups in ACES for social clubs. With Live@EDU, this feature is great for group projects, campus clubs, or personal pages.
- Link to documents stored on SkyDrive
- Share your space with the world or with those you select from your contact list
- Create blogs with Windows Live Writer
- Group discussions
- Templates make it easy to create a cool space
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Messenger is one of the world’s most popular IM clients, and it lets students do more than just chat.
- Group chat with up to 15 other students
- Look at photos together right in the conversation window
- Personalize displays with custom scenes, animated pictures, and signature sounds
- Shared folders: Share documents too large to send as attachments
- Send SMS messages from the Messenger interface
Windows Live Mobile
Students can access e-mail and other services via their mobile devices:
- Automatically synchronize with their phone using Outlook Live
- Windows Live Spaces, Hotmail, and Messenger are WAP-enabled
- Receive e-mail on your mobile phone through POP3
- Windows Live for Mobile allows push e-mail to Windows Mobile phones and iPhones
Yes! Your e-mail just graduated so it can now go to work - for YOU! So, lose the flash drive, grab the iPad, and start being AWESOME! For more information, click here
for a list of FAQs or log into ACES-Student Tab- E-mail Services for additional information and help.
You're an amazing student! Shouldn't you have an amazing e-mail service?