The Young Leaders Conference is a FREE one-day event for high school juniors and seniors. Conference workshop sessions address paying for college, getting involved in college clubs and organization, support network, managing your time effectively, and student success.
The conference workshop sessions will be led by college and community leaders (students, faculty, and staff). In addition to the conference, there will be scholarship opportunities, door prizes, guest speakers, and workshops designed for the parents of the high school student.
Saturday, March 2, 2013
9:00am - 2:00pm (Registration/Breakfast - 8:00am)
Palo Alto College - Performing Arts Center Auditorium
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a senior in high school (GED equivalent)
- Earned a grade point average of 80 or above
- Attend the 2013 Young Leaders Conference
- Apply and enroll in one of the Alamo Colleges for Fall 2013 (min. 6 credit hours)
Complete and attach the following:
- 2013 YLC Registration Form
- Official High School Transcript
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Essay
- On a separate sheet, type a minimum 500 word essay responding to the following questions:
- What are your academic goals?
- How will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your educational goals?
Submit completed documentation on or before February 22, 2013 to:
Alamo Colleges Student Leadership Institute
7990 Pat Booker Road, Room 110, Live Oak, Texas 78233
Voice: 210-485-0790 Fax: 210-486-9285
Remember your application isn't complete until all forms have been received! If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 210-485-0792. For special accommodations, please contact the Alamo Colleges Student Leadership Institute.
2013 YLC Registration Form