Quality Management Institute
The Alamo Colleges, in cooperation with Palo Alto College and the American Society for Quality (San Antonio Chapter), offers ASQ Certification training.
ASQ courses include certifications for the following:
- Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence - a professional who leads and champions process-improvement initiatives—everywhere from small businesses to multinational corporations—that can have regional or global focus in a variety of service and industrial settings.
- Certified Quality Technician - a paraprofessional who, in support of and under the direction of quality engineers or supervisors, analyzes and solves quality problems, prepares inspection plans and instructions, selects sampling plan applications, prepares procedures, trains inspectors, performs audits, analyzes quality costs and other quality data, and applies fundamental statistical methods for process control.
- Certified Quality Engineer – a professional who understands the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control.
- Certified Quality Auditor – a professional who understands the principles of auditing and the auditing techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting to determine a quality system’s adequacy and deficiencies.
- International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001 – the family of standards developed to provide a framework around which a quality management system can be effectively based.
For more information about ASQ certifications, visit www.asq.org.