Skip to content

Explore Your Future!

We offer what you need to achieve success. Come explore and find out why so many students have decided to call one of the colleges in the Alamo Colleges District the pathway to their future.

Not sure where to start? Our Career Assessment Tool can help.


Welcome to ACES

Alamo Colleges Education Services is a secure portal connecting Faculty, Staff & Students to Academic Resources, Email, and other Online Resources.

Support Contacts Helpdesk (210) 485-0555 Weather Line (210) 485-0189


Login to ACES

ACES login


Alamo Colleges' Library Information

St. Philip's College
• MLK Campus Library
• Southwest Campus Library

How much do Dual Credit classes cost?

Currently, students may take up to 2 courses in the 10th grade (1 in fall and 1 in spring), 4 courses in the 11th grade (2 in fall and 2 in spring) and 4 courses in the 12th grade (2 in the fall and 2 in the spring).  This allows current students to acquire up to 30 college hours at no cost to students in the Alamo Colleges' service area.  However, depending on the school district that the student attends, the cost of books or other instructional materials may be the responsibility of the students / parents.  Please check with your high school for more information.

I want to start classes as soon as possible. When should I apply?

The process for taking dual credit courses begins the October prior to a student's first fall semester. For example, a 9th grade student wanting to take dual credit courses in the 10th grade will need to apply beginning the October of their 9th grade year and take the TSI asssessment.  Some dual credit courses have minimum score requirements in order to enroll.  Please check with your Dual Credit Liaison to get more detailed information.

Traditionally, the process starts by having students inform the Dual Credit Liaison on the corresponding high school campus of their interest in taking dual credit courses. The Dual Credit Liaisons are usually High School Counselors, but there are some exceptions.

When are classes offered?

A large percentage of the dual credit courses that high school students take are scheduled during the normal schedule of the corresponding high school.  However, some courses may be offered outside the normal school day schedule.  Please check with your high school's Dual Credit Liaison for more information.

Where are classes offered?

Most of the dual credit courses that high school students take are offered on the high school site.  However, there are some programs that are offered on the Alamo College locations.  Some courses are even delivered online and could be scheduled during the normal school day as part of a student's schedule. For more detailed information, please check with your High School's Dual Credit Liaison.

Is transportation offered to get to the college site?

Providing transportation for students to take dual credit courses varies from school district to school district.  However, please keep in mind that the current majority of the dual credit courses are being offered on the high school sites and usually as part of a student's normal class schedule.


Please check with your High School's Dual Credit Liaison for more information.

Will the dual credit classes transfer to a four year university?

In order to ensure that classes a student takes will transfer and count toward a student's selected degree plan, please contact the degree awarding institution's transfer guides.  

Alamo Colleges maintains Articulation Agreements with all the local area universities and many Texas based universities.  Click here to see the articulation agreements that Alamo Colleges has secured to ensure that courses in specified degree plans will transfer. Contact staff members for each university are identified and can assist students in determining the courses from the Alamo Colleges that will transfer to their respective institution.

Do I need to apply for financial aid?

No, students who are enrolled in dual credit / high school programs are not considered post secondary students because they have not yet completed the requirements for a high school diploma or its equivalent. A student is considered to be enrolled in a secondary school while they are pursuing a high school diploma and have not yet completed its requirements.  Likewise, students taking Advanced Placement (AP) classes or International Baccalaureate (IB) classes are not considered to be college students.  The regulations for Federal Financial Aid programs currently designate financial aid funding exclusively for those students who have either completed a high school diploma or its equivalent and will use the funds to pay for tuition, fees and other related expenses to attend post secondary institutions of higher education to pursue a degree or certificate.

Are classes offered online?

Some school districts request online courses for Dual Credit.  Please check with your designated high school to see if online courses are offered as part of the Dual Credit Program.