Appropriate Use of Information Technology Resources
The purpose of the Open Computer Lab Policies: to provide guidelines regarding both computer use and Internet access to safeguard the longevity of all lab equipment, and ensure fair usage to all. The Open Computer Lab provides students with the latest technology and resources, as well as the assistance, needed to successfully complete class assignments and projects.
Guidelines for Computer Users
- Students must sign-in to any workstation with their Banner ID.
- Priority is given to academic work.
- Patrons must provide their own storage media (i.e. flash drive) in order to save their documents.
- The Student Computer Lab is not responsible for stolen personal items that are left unattended
- Lab techs at the Service Desks are available to provide assistance in use of computers and printing.
- The lab monitor has the right to deem material and websites unacceptable for viewing.
- Viewing sites that are offensive to other computer lab users is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Users viewing such sites will result in expulsion from the Student Computer Lab.
- Any time a lab tech states the lab is closing, all participants are to leave immediately. No exceptions.
- Any policy violations may result in the loss of Student Computer Lab privileges. Failure to follow such policies may result in the revocation of all lab privileges, college disciplinary action (as specified in the Code of Student Conduct in the Student Handbook), and civil or criminal prosecution.
Food and Beverages
- Food of any kind is not permitted at the computer stations. Only drinks with sealed lids are allowed.
- Lab users are expected to exhibit proper housekeeping habits. Please keep the work area clean.
- Printing is available on all computers in the Student Computer Lab through the GoPrint printing system.
Click here for more information
Children in the Open Computer Lab:
- Children are not allowed in the Student Computer Lab as censorship and the intention to block Internet sites are not practiced.
- Parent(s) or adults who enter the lab with children can be accommodated to a privatized room to avoid disruptive noises and distractions to other users, and only if available.
- Parents and children are welcome to visit our NVC Commmunity Library.