Skip to content

Welcome to ACES

Alamo Colleges Education Services is a secure portal connecting Faculty, Staff & Students to Academic Resources, Email, and other Online Resources.

Support Contacts Helpdesk (210) 485-0555 Weather Line (210) 485-0189


Login to ACES

ACES login


Alamo Colleges' Library Information

St. Philip's College
• MLK Campus Library
• Southwest Campus Library

Dear Student,  

The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 allows a tax credit to be claimed for out-of-pocket payments made to the Alamo Colleges on behalf of Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, Palo Alto College, St. Philip's College and San Antonio College during 2013 for tuition and certain fees. The IRS requires that we provide a 1098-T statement to you for your use in completing IRS form 8863. The l098-T tax forms will be mailed by January 31, 2015. The Alamo Colleges have elected to report amounts billed for qualified tuition and related expenses.

The amounts and calculations used to determine the credit are the decision of the taxpayer after consideration of relevant IRS regulations, Form 8863  and perhaps, the advice of a tax consultant.

A 1098-T is sent to each student who was billed or had billing adjustments for college-credit classes in 2014. The Alamo Colleges have elected to report the amount the student was billed (Box 2) during 2014. There will be no amounts reported in Box 1 of the 1098-T form. Continuing Education students will not be mailed a 1098-T. Continuing Education students may request copies of their paid tuition bills from the Continuing Education Office.



1. When can I get my 1098-T?
You may access your 1098-T tax form online by visiting

2. Why do I need to provide a Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax Identification Number (TIN)?
If you are planning to file an income tax return using your education expenses, you will need to have a valid SSN on file. If you are an international student and plan to file taxes, we will need your TIN. However, if you are an international student without an SSN, and are not filing a tax return you do not need to provide a SSN or a TIN.


If you attended any of the Alamo Colleges, you can view your 1098-T information from:



 3. I am an International student, who attended Alamo Colleges during the 2014 calendar year and was not issued a 2014 Form 1098-T. What do I need to provide to have a Form 1098-T issued to me?
Please note that if you are a non-resident alien student and do not have U.S. source income (U.S. scholarships, awards, waivers etc.) that is subject to tax, Alamo Colleges is exempt from issuing a Form 1098-T to you.
Alamo Colleges requires a Taxpayer Identification Number to furnish a Form 1098-T statement to you. You were not issued a Form 1098-T because a valid Taxpayer Identification Number was not on file with Alamo Colleges.

4. How can I change my address?

  • Log in to your ACES account
  • Go to Web Services
  • Personal Information
  • Update Addresses and Phones

5. Will I receive a 1098-T?
A 1098-T is generated only for academic students who has been billed for qualified tuition and related expenses during the 2014 calendar year. Continuing Education students will not receive a form 1098-T.

6. Why does (Box 1) on my 1098-T have nothing reported?
Institutions of higher education have the option of reporting either payments received (Box 1) or qualified charges billed (Box 2) to the IRS. Alamo Colleges has chosen to report on (Box 2).

7. What is considered a qualified charge?
Eligible or qualified charges are tuition charges plus the following fees: student activity fee, student processing fee, and some exam fees (for placement, testing out of credit courses, or test fees required for degree program).

8. What is a non-qualified charge?
Non-qualified charges include the following: books, library fines, parking fines, late payment fees, and transportation fees.

9. What constitutes Scholarships and Grants (Box 5)?
Any Scholarships and Grants administered and processed during the calendar year for the payment of student’s costs of attendance. Scholarships and grants generally include all payments received from 3rd parties (excluding family members and loan proceeds). This includes payments received from governmental and private entities such as the Department of Defense, civic, and religious organizations, and nonprofit entities.

PLEASE NOTE: If your Scholarships/Grants were equal to or exceeded the charges billed on your student account for 2014 tax year, you will not receive a 1098-T form.

10. Why did my spring semester charges not appear on my 1098-T?
Students automatically charge their accounts by registering for classes. If you registered during early registration (typically November or December), you charged your account at that time, making those charges eligible to claim in the previous year’s 1098T.

11. My 1098-T was mailed to the wrong address, how do I obtain a new 1098-T?
To obtain your 1098-T, you may access it online by visiting

12. I still have questions who can I contact?
Alamo Colleges has provided the Form 1098-T in compliance with IRS guidelines. However, Alamo Colleges is unable to answer any tax-related questions or provide any tax advice on this issue. All information and assistance that Alamo Colleges can provide is contained in this notice. The content of this notice is not intended as legal or tax advice.
For tax specific question, please contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-829-1040 or your personal tax advisor for further assistance.

If you need assistance accessing your Form 1098-T online, please contact the
1098-T Student Hotline at 1-877-467-3821.