T-STEM and Allied Health Challenge Scholarship Program
Through a grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, San Antonio College will award approximately 68 scholarships to full-time students pursuing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and allied health degrees.
Scholarship awards will be for amounts of $2,500 for the year (A$1,250 per semester).
Requirements for consideration include:
- Be a declared major in Computer Science,
Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Biology, Math, Physical Sciences, or Allied Health
- Submit a scholarship application at https://wwwsecure.alamo.edu/scholarship/application.aspx
- Submit an official high school transcript to the
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in high school Math and
- Agree to complete 30 hours in 2012-2013 (Fall,
- Complete 80% of coursework per semester
- Financial need is not required
- Men between the ages of 18 and 25 must be
registered with the Selective Service System: https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
The selection process will begin June 21, 2012. SAC
will offer sixty-eight scholarships. Current and incoming students are
encouraged to apply.
For additional details on this opportunity:
The Alamo Colleges are an EOE; for any special
or an alternative format, contact the Title IX Coordinator, (210) 485-0200.
This material is based in part upon work supported
by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating
Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (T-STEM) Challenge Scholarship Program.