Graduation – The process of being awarded a degree or certificate. To be awarded a degree or certificate, candidates must meet with their faculty advisor, have a degree or certificate audit completed and must apply for graduation and meet all degree or certificate requirements. Graduation occurs three times in the academic year: Fall, Spring and Summer.
Students should begin planning for graduation early by meeting with an NLC Advisor to verify your date of completion.
Apply for Graduation is Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Meet with an NLC Advisor for a degree or certificate audit.
- Complete Graduation paper application. Apply online on ACES. Click here to learn how to apply for graduation using your ACES account.
- Bring your Graduation paper application to the Student Commons Building, Room 101.
You Must Meet the Requirements
To be awarded an Associate Degree or Certificate students must:
- Must complete all required courses and semester credit hours for the specific degree or certificate.
- Must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all coursework completed at the Alamo Colleges (excluding developmental-level coursework) as well as courses successfully completed at all other colleges and universities that apply to the student’s degree or certificate program at the Alamo Colleges.
- Must submit official transcripts of all coursework attempted at other colleges and universities.
- Must earn a grade of “C” or better for all degree requirements for the technical program major in Associate of Applied Science Degree or Certificate programs
- Must complete minimum of 25% of coursework at the College granting the degree or certificate.