Technology Resource Guide
Information on Minimum Hardware and Software requirements, purchasing information and assistance.
Technology Resource Guide for Students
Technology Resource Guide for Students (PDF)
Aces is a secure portal that provides students, staff, and faculty with access to various applications using a single sign-on. As an ACES user, you will have access to Canvas, Email, Class Rosters, Training Resources and Library Resources. Aces will also provide you with the latest information of events and important news taking place with your college.
The Alamo Colleges District have transitioned to anew Learning Management System (LMS) which means each of your courses will use Canvas.
Weather it's your online or web-enhanced course, you won't be disappointed with this new tool! To learn more about Canvas, access the Canvas Quick Guide
Features in Canvas
- Communication Preferences: get your notifications via e-mail, Facebook or text messages.
- Integrated Calendar: calendar events automatically populate into a single calendar -- subscribe to it with Google Calendar, iCal or Outlook.
- Chat/Video: built-in video and live chat give an extra dimension to the learning experience.
- Assignment Submission: allow assignment submissions in a variety of ways, including webpage, MS Word documents, videos, audio, or even slide shows.
Download Respondus Lockdown Browser
We have now completed the transition to Microsoft Office 365 email for Alamo Colleges District's students.
Features of our new email system
- More Storage!: You get a 25GB mailbox that you keep for life.
- Collaboration Tools: You will be able to take full advantage of IM, voice and video chat.
- Anywhere Email Access: You can access your email using a mobile device such as an iPhone, Android , Windows Mobile Phone or any device that supports Exchange, POP or IMAP.
Software Discounts for Students
Take advantage of software available at a discounted price for students and educators!
You must be a member of an academic institution to qualify for ordering academically discounted software. The academic software discounts offered are not for general public. You will be requested to provide proof of your academic affiliation during the registration process in order to take advantage of the academic pricing available for students and educators.
Dell Member Purchase Program