Beginning with Summer 2014 registration, all students will be required to complete the Registration Splashpage in ACES before they can register.
The Registration Splashpage is a customized web page in ACES that provides for:
• Verification of important information, such as student ID number, date of birth, tuition and major
• Updating of emergency contact information (current address, phone number(s) and email address
• Opting out of the release of directory information in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
• Responding to a survey that will provide data that will improve services to students
Beginning March 17, you can access the Splashpage in the ACES Student Tab.
Select Web Services
Then Student and Financial Aid
Select Student Records from the options
Scroll down and click on Data Validation/Survey
Once you have submitted the Splashpage information, you will be allowed to register when summer registration opens on March 24.
Beginning March 24, the Splashpage will pop up automatically when you select registration in ACES.
Complete the Splashpage, submit it, and then you can register.
On the Splashpage, you will need to complete three simple steps.
• Review your name, student identification number, date of birth, tuition and major. If there are any changes, select “No” and then contact your College Enrollment Services Office.
• Review your permanent address, current telephone number(s), and current e-mail address (es). You can make changes online if any of this information has changed.
• Review the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) statement which indicates that your student directory information may be released by Alamo Colleges. Select “No” to opt out.
• Please respond to a set of “Yes/No” and multiple choice questions that will provide information to the Alamo Colleges about you.
• You must provide an answer to each of the questions in order to proceed to registration.
• Once you have verified your personal information and answered the survey questions, click “Submit” to store the information in the Alamo Colleges’ database. If you have failed to respond to any of the items, the information will not be stored and the system will prompt you to respond to any items you have omitted.
• Once you have successfully submitted your information, the system will allow you to proceed to registration.
Why are we asking you to do this?
Verifying your contact information will help us reach you quickly with key deadlines and other critical messages, including emergency notifications. The survey information will be used in planning and applying for grants that will allow us to provide improved services for you, and also will provide us with the data required for state reports.