Carbon Neutral Pledge
As a signatory in one of Second Nature's three Climate Leadership Commitments, Alamo Colleges is part of a robust network of over 600 college and university presidents and chancellors who have committed their institutions to take bold and catalytic climate actions. These Climate Leadership Commitments are a key driving force for transformative change on our campus. As part of our Commitment we will:
- Achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 date and create thresholds for increasing climate resilience
- Make carbon neutrality and climate resilience a part of the curriculum and other educational experiences for all students
- Expand research in carbon neutrality and climate resilience
- Alamo Colleges participates in green initiatives including but not limited to the installation of solar panels, currently the total power generation is approximately 600 kW.
- Alamo Colleges has successfully r duced the energy consumption at least five percent each year with respect to the previous year, to comply the Texas SB 898 regulations. This goal has been achieved by the implementation of energy reduction measures such as of Continuous Commissioning® (CC®), central plant equipment retrofits, summer initiatives (turn off boilers, Four Day Work Week and Demand Response programs), and Interior and Exterior Lighting Projects.