The Office of Student Development, Leadership and Activities is responsible for coordinating non-instructional activities and programs that focus on the well being and personal development of students.
Activities and programs include co-curricular activities, recreational activities (both intramural and extramurals) and student clubs and organizations.
Co-curricular activities are designed to appeal to a variety of interests of our students. Co-curricular activities include lectures, cultural activities, welcome back activities, lecturers, demonstration workshops, and novelty events (music video, photo, rice necklace, ice skating, just to name a few).
THE STUDENT SERVICE FEE COMMITTEE (SSFAC)
The SSFAC is authorized to make annual and supplemental recommendation to the President of the College regarding the allocation of student services fees. Full membership includes five students and four faculty/staff members for a nine-member voting committee. The SSFAC meets on a monthly basis or as needed throughout the academic year to facilitate allocation request from the student services fees.
How your student activities are spent
- Cultural & Ethnic Events
- Presidents Picnic
- Recreational Activities
- Student Organizations
- Student Travel
- Social Events
- Welcome Week
- Wellness Events
The following services and programs are among those provided by the Office of Student Development, Leadership and Activities:
- Informational clearinghouse for all campus activities
- Advisement on the formulation of student organizations
- Promotion of student involvement in campus governance
- Development of interpersonal and leadership skills
- Advisement for off-campus and on-campus activities
- Scheduling and planning of special events on campus
- Budget advisement for student funding
- Advisement and interpretation of College policies
- Obtain a Student ID card
- Recreational Sports
- Intramural & Extramural Activities