International students applying for admission must complete and submit the Financial Resources and Requirements form in the I-20 application. United States immigration law requires international students to document their ability to pay all tuition and living expenses for the time they are studying in the country. Verification of funds will be requested during your visa interview.
Estimated Cost of Attendance:
The cost of attendance for students varies depending on the number of credit hours taken and the cost of books and rental fees. We provide these estimates to help you plan for your education. The estimate below represents costs for the 2015-2016 academic year. Costs are subject to change.
|Tuition & Fees
|Books & Supplies
|Living Expenses (food, gas, clothing)
Financial Support and Documentation:
International students applying to any of the Alamo Colleges must provide verification of financial resources by submitting a letter in English from their bank, their parents’ bank or their sponsor’s bank. All verification letters should be on bank stationery and show available funds for one academic year and additional funds for a spouse or children accompanying the student. The list below explains what should be in the bank letter. Financial documentation should be included with your international application.
- Name of person who own bank account
- Bank account number
- Type of account(s): checking or savings
- Date the account(s) were established
- Current account balance in U.S. dollars
- Current official rate of exchange from local currency to U.S. dollars
- Title and signature of bank official
- Telephone numbers and email address of bank official
- Bank letters must be dated within 60 days
- Bank statements will not be accepted
- All documents must be translated to English
- All dollar values must be in U.S. dollars