A Nationally Recognized Workforce Credential
The Career Readiness Certificate is a portable certificate based on the WorkKeys® job skills assessment system. The Certificate provides verification that an individual possesses basic workplace skills required for 21st century jobs. The Career Readiness Certificate is a nationally recognized workforce credential. It says you have the skills for which employers are looking.
WorkKeys Career Readiness Certificate $6500
The Career Readiness Certificate focuses on three skills that are highly important to success in most jobs.
- Reading for Information - comprehending work-related reading materials, from memos and bulletins to policy manuals and governmental regulations.
- Applied Mathematics - applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems.
- Locating Information - using information from materials such as diagrams, floor plans, tables, forms, graphs, and charts.
When you successfully complete assessments in these skills, you will be awarded a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze level Career Readiness Certificates based upon your scores. You are then automatically eligible for the National Career Readiness Certificate recognition, a widely recognized and portable credential issued by ACT (formerly American College of Testing). When you apply for the national recognition you will receive a seal that affixes to your certificate.
WorkKeys® may be used to assess skills in a number of areas. The most used skills assessments for jobs are reading for information, applied mathematics and locating information. These assessments are used for jobs currently listed in the ACT Occupational Profile database.
Career Readiness Benefits
- Documents current job skills
- Determines potential need for skill improvement and training
- Improves opportunity for career advancement
- Provides local businesses with a better trained workforce
- Documents a pool of skilled workers to businesses considering relocation to our community
- Encourages businesses to remain in the community
- Matches skill level requirements with employers' needs
- Identification of the most qualified applicants
- Reduce hiring costs with pre-certified applicants
- Better target employee training and development
- Improve retention and proper placement of employees
- Addresses academic and workplace readiness with a coordinated assessment system
- Assists in meeting the demands of workforce legislation and efforts to increase industry-based certifications
- Decreases unemployment rates
In today's global economy, jobs require higher level skills than ever before and employers across the United States are seeking workers with documented skills based on "real world" experiences.
In response to this need, Northeast Lakeview College and Workforce Solutions Alamo have partnered to create the first Career Readiness Certificate program in the greater San Antonio area.
The pilot program, involving learners from community college, high school, and adult education programs, will provide a web-based curriculum to prepare participants for success on the Career Readiness Certificate assessments.
To schedule an assessment or for more information, call (210) 486-5321.