This Microsoft training consists of five major programs: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Access. Windows will be addressed along with the fundamental skills for the five programs. The entire training component consisting of introductory, intermediate, and advanced courses can prepare individuals in the workplace with expert skills in Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft XP Operating System.
Online Microsoft Applications
The courses are designed to introduce the student to the fundamental elements of Microsoft Word 2007 and Microsoft Excel 2007. Topics include a study of the program interfaces, document layout, format, and editing, as well as document management and organization. Download the official flyer.
- Microsoft Word: 9/2710-10/22/10
- Microsoft Excel: 10/25/10-11/19/10
- $110 per class
Benefits of online study include:
- Self-paced study
- No entrance exam or formal application required
- Convenience to work from home
- Completion certificate awarded
- Formal instruction and on-line assistance provided by well qualified instructor
Introduction to PC/Keyboarding
- An introduction to the computer systems and their uses in today's business communities. Overview of computer information systems. Instruction in basic keyboarding skills and techniques. Introduces computer terminology, hardware, software, procedures, and human resources. This course is designed to give all novice users a hands-on approach that prepares them for taking most of our other computer classes. Designed to give beginning students competency in computer-related skills, students will become more productive and effective as users of personal computers. This course will also show the student how computers work and how application software is used to create, edit, save, retrieve, and print documents.
- This course is designed to introduce the student to the fundamental elements of Microsoft Word 2007. Topics covered include Word interface along with the creation of documents and the use of Word Help. Concepts such as working with documents as well as document formatting, management and organization are also addressed.
- This course is designed to familiarize each student with the basics of Microsoft Outlook 2007. Individuals will learn how to open and reply to e-mail messages, insert attachments in messages and schedule appointments in the Outlook Calendar.
- This course is designed to acquaint the student with the fundamental elements of Microsoft Excel 2007. Topics include the Excel interface and navigation as well as how to create and format worksheets. Additional subject areas address creating formulas, copying, and inserting and deleting a range of cells.
- This course is designed to present the student with the fundamentals of Microsoft Access 2007. Individuals are guided through the basics of access databases; emphasizing topics such as creating and modifying databases, and establishing relationships between tables.
- This course is designed to present the student with the skills to become proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint 2007. The instructional methodology is practice-oriented where each individual will learn how create and modify presentations. Additional course topics include presentation graphics and animation along with slide show preparation.