Women’s Center Resource Lab
The Women’s Center Resource lab is a Self-Service lab that supports students currently enrolled at San Antonio College. The resource lab is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Women’s Center Resource lab may be used for:
School related needs:
- Checking ACES account
- Researching/applying for scholarships
- On-line Registration
- Limited printing available
- 7 Dell Computers
- 15 in. monitors
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Dell black & white printer
- Internet access
Seguir Adelante Resource Lab
The Seguir Adelante Program serves as a resource and support for people in our community who desire to improve their family’s economic security and stability by furthering their education. Services support someone entering college for the first time or after a long absence from school.
The resource lab is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m.
The Seguir Adelante resource lab provides the following services:
- Assist students with the Apply Texas Application
- Assist students with ACES Modules
- Assist students with Registration
- Assist students with ACES (to view grades, Financial aid status)
- Offer TSI practice test
Academic Skills Upgrading: (using Aztec software)
- Language Arts
Computer /Typing Skills:
- Mavis Beacon software program for typing
- Mouse tutorials (English & Spanish)
- Assist with Basic computer skills & Introduction to MS Word
- Help Students create e-mail accounts
- English Language learning using the Rosetta Stone software program
The Seguir Adelante Resource lab has 12 computers and 1 printer available to the community.
Mi CASA Career Transition Lab
The Mi CASA (Career Advancement & Self Sufficiency Assistance Program) supports and promotes self-sufficiency by providing FREE comprehensive career counseling, job search and college preparation.
The Mi CASA Career Transition Lab (CTL) is open Monday -Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. The use of this lab is free and open to the community.
The CTL can help you with:
- Learn about selecting the right major for you
- Explore your interests
- Career assessments & exploration
- Build an e-portfolio to document your goals and achievements
- Individual career counseling available by appointment
Job Search Assistance:
- Job search skills development (create a resume, cover letter, employer thank you letter)
- Access the internet to research job opportunities
- Complete employment applications on-line
- Receive assistance to create an email address for job searching
- View employer job postings & websites
- 15 Dell Window 7, 15 in. monitor and Microsoft Office 2007
- Dell 5100 duplex color printer
- Internet access
We also assist with the steps to attending college, including admissions, financial aid, and degree planning.