|APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS
Once application is processed you will receive 2 emails – 1 from ApplyTexas and 1 from Alamo Colleges. The Alamo Colleges email will include instructions and information for ACES and AlamoENROLL Start Here tab.
Process time for admissions process is 4-5 business days.
| SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
||Have you earned dual credit through a college or university outside of the Alamo Colleges? If yes, submit the official college transcript to the Alamo College Dual Credit Office of your choice.
The credit you earned will be considered for pre-requisite completion.
1201 Kitty Hawk Rd.
Universal City, TX 78148
3535 N. Ellison Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78251
1400 W. Villaret
San Antonio, TX 78224
1801 M.L. King Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78203
1300 San Pedro
San Antonio, TX 78212
Traditional Dual Credit, Early College High School, Alamo Academies, and Pheonix students are not required to submit an official high school transcript. (Only the St. Philip's Collge, Traditional Dual Credit students will be required to submit an official high school transcript.)
Home School students are required to provide an official, notarized high school transcript. Contact your College's Dual Credit Office for more information.
| BACTERIAL MENINGITIS VACCINATION
(Required for students taking courses on the college site for any dual credit program)
- Texas state law requires entering students under 22 years of age show evidence of receiving a bacterial meningitiis vaccination or booster dose during the five year period prior to enrollment
- The law allows for few exceptions. You may obtain additional information at: alamo.edu/meningitis/
- Submit documents to the admissions and records office you will be attending
| LOGIN TO ACES ACCOUNT
Once you have received your letter from Alamo Colleges with your ACES information go to alamoaces.alamo.edu/ and click on How do I get my user name and password? View tutorial
- If you experience difficulty with your login, please request your username and default password from your high school counselor or high school dual credit liaison. Otherwise contact the Helpdesk line provided on the website.
- Login to ACES and find the Start Here tab on top.
| COMPLETE ALAMO ENROLL CHECKLIST
TAKE ASSESSMENT TEST
All dual credit students are required
to complete test prep prior to taking the TSI Assessment for the first time. To
ensure you take the correct test prep, follow the guide indicated in the Complete AlamoENROLL Checklist section
of this checklist.
ADDITIONAL EXEMPTIONS NOT CURRENTLY LISTED WITHIN THE ABOVE WEBSITES
Students may be exempt from taking a TSI-eligible exam, unless it is needed as a prerequisite for a specific course, if they plan to take dual credit CTE courses.
NOTE: To know when testing will be provided through your ISD/high school test site, please ask your high school counselor or high school dual credit liaison. Home School students use the above links for the days and times the TSI Assessment will be provided at the college you plan to attend.
| PARENT/STUDENT CONSENT
- All first time, dual credit students are required to have a signed consent form on file in order to participate in any of the dual credit programs
- The form will be provided and submitted to your high school counselor or high school dual credit liaison.
- Home School students can access the form at http://www.alamo.edu/district/admin/vcas/dual-credit/ or visit your College's Dual Credit Office.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES!
All dual credit registration is processed by the College's Dual Credit Office.
Dual credit students are responsible for verifying registration prior to the first day of class each term.
If you see the following statement, You are not currently registered for the term, inform your high school counselor or high school dual credit liaison IMMEDIATELY.
- Login to ACES
- Click on WEB SERVICES tab
- Click on STUDENT& FINANCIAL AID
- Click on REGISTRATION
- Click on SELECT TERM (Select the appropriate and return to the Registration Menu)
- Click on STUDENT DETAILED SCHEDULE
Home School students contact your College's Dual Credit Office.
| PAY FOR CLASSES
||Tuition and fees are waived through the College's Dual Credit Office. Please contact us immediately if you see a balance or refund on your ACES account. (Please DO NOT make payment and/or accept a refund.)
| SMART START
FIRST DAY COUNTS!
|Any dual credit student taking courses on the College site or through distance learning/internet courses, where college students are also present, will be held to the Smart Start policy:
There is a connection between attendance, classroom participation and good grades. Your first week of class, especially the first day provides you with important information for the rest of the semester.
- The Alamo Colleges requires regular and punctual attendance in all classes. Your absences are recorded immediately.
- Fall 2014: If you DO NOT attend on the first day of each class in which you are enrolled, you will be DROPPED from the class
- Any dual credit student taking courses on your high school site, need to be aware that your high school/dual credit instructor also have the ability to perform the Smart Start policy if you do not show up the first week of school.