The Chancellor of the Alamo Colleges, located in San Antonio, Texas, invites applications and nominations for the position of President of Northeast Lakeview College. San Antonio, the nation's seventh largest city, has a dynamic economy rapidly expanding from traditional military and service sectors into telecommunications, biomedical science, information technology and data security. San Antonio and the region are focused on expanding educational access; thus, this is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to the Alamo Colleges vision.
The President of Northeast Lakeview College serves as the Chief Executive Officer the newest Alamo College. Northeast Lakeview College joins four other colleges comprising the Alamo Colleges - San Antonio College, St. Philip's College, Northwest Vista College, and Palo Alto College - in meeting the educational needs of San Antonio's growing and diverse community. With its unique and diverse background, Northeast Lakeview College serves more than 6,000 students from the ten Metrocom Communities and northeast San Antonio-including Bexar, Comal, and Guadalupe Counties. Located in the fastest growing quadrant of the Alamo Colleges Service area at the gateway to the San Antonio-Austin corridor, Northeast Lakeview College is prepared to grow and serve 15,000 students.
The successful candidate must be a person of high energy and integrity with substantial senior level experience in a multi-college community college district preferred. The President of Northeast Lakeview College should demonstrate a record of success for:
- of the
, Alamo Colleges' performance excellence strategy encompassing our commitment to Achieving the Dream, Baldrige methodology and Covey Principle Centered Leadership;
- Ability to continue the progress that has been made on Achieving the Dream; Foundations of Excellence, and the strategic plan with special emphasis on implementing the AlamoADVISE and the AlamoINSTITUTES;
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain high ethical standards STUDENT SUCCESS;
- Demonstrated ability to lead implementation of our student-centered vision for the college, and a passion for education at the community college level;
- A commitment to supporting and enhancing the workforce and technical programs offered by Northeast Lakeview College, including emerging technologies;
- An understanding of the role of technology in delivering quality educational services
- An understanding of the budget-making process and the ability to effectively manage the college budget
- Proven skills to effectively oversee the control of campus facilities and any capital projects approved for Northeast Lakeview College
- Ability to understand the history and culture of Northeast Lakeview College and to effectively connect to the community it serves
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with others, both inside and outside a college setting
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, including diplomacy in dealing with others
- Commitment to the open enrollment concept and the needs of minority and disadvantaged students
- Ability to develop and lead college fund raising initiatives and support fund raising of the Alamo Colleges Foundation for the college
An earned doctorate from an accredited institution is preferred.
The preferred start date for the successful candidate is no later than August 2016. The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is June 3, 2016.
For information call 210-485-0200
To apply, go to: https://alamo.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1997
A Gold Hill Associates Assisted Search
Alamo Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status (including special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, or recently separated veteran), predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, any other protected categorywith respect to access, employment programs, or services.