Applying for Admission to any one of the Alamo Colleges
Students can apply to any one of the Alamo Colleges through the Texas Common Application system.
First Time in College Enrollment Checklist
Quick Information about applying for admission:
OPEN ADMISSIONS POLICY TO ALL COLLEGES
The Alamo Colleges have an open door admissions policy to ensure that every person has the opportunity to get a college education. Application starts with the submission of an ApplyTexas application.
The Texas Common Application System is a state service that allows students to create an individual student profile and submit applications to multiple Texas public colleges or universities. Students applying to any one of the Alamo Colleges need to select the application for two-year institutions.
Students who apply to one college are eligible to attend any of the Alamo Colleges: Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, Palo Alto College, St. Philip’s College, and San Antonio College.
New, Transfer, and Former Students
Begin by viewing the online MyMaps modules "Introduction to College & Pathways" and "Admissions Process" available here.
Apply online using the ApplyTexas application http://www.ApplyTexas.org and begin by creating your student profile; copy your User ID and password so you may access the ApplyTexas website in the future; select the Two-Year Undergraduate Application. You will need an email address to access your information once the application is submitted. You can create an email address at various free sites (examples are Yahoo.com or Hotmail.com).
Additional admissions requirements (must be submitted during the first semester of enrollment):
- Official high school transcript or GED scores
- Official college transcript from the last college or university you attended. Have your transcript sent directly to the specific college of the Alamo Colleges that you wish to attend. Many Alamo Colleges courses have prerequisites that must be met before registering. As a result, students may be required to submit official transcripts from former colleges attended in order to register for all desired classes.
Depending on your student status, you may need to meet additional requirements.
Returning Students wanting to take courses at one of the other Alamo Colleges
Returning Alamo Colleges students who have been enrolled within the past twelve months who wish to take courses at a different one of the Alamo Colleges should notify the “new” college’s Enrollment Services/Admissions & Records area at the college. Staff will assist you with the admissions process, following which you may continue with Web registration.
DETERMINING YOUR STUDENT STATUS
New and Transfer
To take classes for college credit, submit the ApplyTexas application for admission. Apply early to make sure you have plenty of time to submit official transcripts, complete assessment testing, attend advising, plan your course schedule.
Former Student (previously enrolled the Alamo Colleges but have not attended during last 12 months)
Submit an online ApplyTexas application. Allowing two days for processing, you should then be able to continue the registration process.**
Returning (enrolled within the past twelve months) to the same college
Go directly to Web registration to view course offerings by college. Course selection and registration will be available according to the dates published in the class schedule and website.**
Returning (enrolled within the past twelve months) to a different one of the Alamo College s
As a returning student from one of the Alamo Colleges wanting to take courses at another one of the Alamo Colleges , seek assistance from the Enrollment Services/Admissions & Records area at the college you wish to attend or you may submit the ApplyTexas application to that college. Following confirmation of your previous enrollment with the Alamo Colleges, you may go to Web registration to view course offerings by college.**
If you are an international student, please contact an International Student Advisor at the college you wish to attend to apply for admission.
** Please remember, if you have unsettled financial debts or your record is blocked for any reason at any one of the Alamo Colleges, you must clear your record to register. Personnel in the Enrollment Services/Admissions & Records area will be available to assist you.
COMPLETING THE APPLYTEXAS APPLICATION
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
This process should take between 15 and 30 minutes. You may complete the entire application in one session or save your file to complete at a later time.
Checklist of Items You Will Need
We advise that you have the following information available before you begin the online application to expedite the process.
- Social Security Number*
- County in which you live
- Email address (if you don’t have an email address, you can create an email address at various free sites (examples are Yahoo.com or Hotmail.com)
- Visa/Permanent Resident Information
- TASP/THEA or other TSI assessment scores
- SAT, ACT, and/or TAAS/TAKS (grade 11) Scores and Test Dates
- Names and dates of high school and college attended
* Recording your social security number on the ApplyTexas Application is an optional item. We strongly encourage you to provide the information to us to facilitate and expedite processing of all paperwork. Applications and Documents without social security numbers are more difficult to match up and may require contacting you, which results in additional processing time to completion. For questions or concerns regarding the use of your SSN, please speak with the Enrollment Services/Admissions & Records area at your college.
Logon to www.ApplyTexas.org and begin by creating your student profile; copy your User ID and password so you may access the ApplyTexas website in the future; and then select the Two-Year Undergraduate Application.
Following data entry, you will have an opportunity to review your application prior to submitting it. Changes to your application are permitted during the review process.
Submission and Summary
After you have supplied the required information and reviewed your application, you will submit the application to one of the Alamo Colleges by selecting the “Submit” button. Once your application is submitted, all corrections and updates will require a visit to the Enrollment Services/Admissions & Records area at the college.
Additionally, once you submit your application, a window will appear that will display a summary of your application.
- It is important that you copy the ID number provided in the window, print the summary and save it for your records.
- It is important to have this document with you when receiving assistance at or from the colleges.
An Email verification will also be sent to you from the ApplyTexas Application service verifying your submission. The email will contain a second number that you should copy, print and save for your records. It is important to have this document with you when receiving assistance at or from the colleges.