The Information Technology Department provides planning, coordination,
installation, and maintenance of campus technology and it provides technical
support to all academic, student and administrative units. We also provide
recommendations for purchasing, equipment setup, installation of hardware and
software, implementation of off-campus connectivity, and assists other
departments with planning.
How Do I...?
Alamo Colleges is now offering every Student, Faculty and Staff access to Microsoft full Office Suite
Alamo Colleges is providing Microsoft Office to every student free of charge. This means the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more available for offline and online use to best prepare you for class. As long as you’re a student here and the program continues, you’ll be able to use this software for free.
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
- Use the same programs as your professors to ensure full file compatibility
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
- For PC and Mac:
- Go to the Office365 school verification page
- Click through to sign in with school-provided credentials & download
- On the installation page select your language and click install
- For iOS and Android:
- Download from your app store
- iPad: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sign in with your school credentials for full editing capability
You will need Alamo Colleges (firstname.lastname@example.org) email account to sign in. If you have trouble installing Office, this guide may resolve your issue: http://aka.ms/office365help.
Alamo_Guest is now available
The Alamo Colleges have updated the "ACCD_Unsecured_Guest" Wi-Fi network name to "ALAMO_Guest".
This name change will not impact the service or behavior of Alamo Colleges' open wireless network. If you currently
have a wireless device that connects to "ACCD_Unsecured_Guest" wireless network you will need to reconfigure your device to
the new wireless network name of "ALAMO_Guest". This name change took place on August 8, 2014.
If you need technical assistance please contact the NLC IT Help Desk:
NLC IT Help Desk: 210-486-5777
District Support Central: 210-485-0555
For additional information about our College Wireless Network access, click here.
Your new and improved email is now available!
We have now completed the transition to Microsoft Office 365 email for Alamo Colleges' students.
With the new system you can:
- Communicate from your smart phone, PC, or Mac using email, instant messaging, video chat and online meetings.
- Share calendars with classmates, team members, and teachers.
- Stop cleaning out your inbox! You get a web-based email account with a 25GB mailbox that you can keep for life.
- Prepare for the workplace with the Microsoft tools your future employers use.
To Access your mailbox:
- Log on to your ACES account.
- Click on the Student Email icon. This will take to the secure log in page.
- Enter your Alamo email address (ACES user email@example.com) and your email password.
- This will take you to a page where you will need to set up your Time Zone. When you click "OK" on this page, you will be take to your upgraded mailbox.
For further information and answers to frequently asked questions, go here.