How to register on the web
The following steps will guide you through the online registration process.
- Log into the ACESPortal with your Alamo Colleges ID and Password. (If you do not have your Alamo Colleges ID and password follow the instructions located at “Logging into ACES.”)
- Select My Page
- Go to Registration Tools box and select Look Up Classes
- Select appropriate Term from drop down menu and Submit
- Select the Subject you are looking for
- Select Course Search
- Select View Section for the course you selected. This returns a list of all courses meeting your criteria. You can choose a college, location/attribute type, time/and/or day. Note: The location/attribute type option allows you to choose alternate locations (e.g., SAC courses held at NLC). Courses for which you are eligible to register will have a check box. Select the course by checking the box. Scroll to the bottom and select Register.
- You will be taken back to your schedule with the new class added. If there were any errors or holds (prerequisite, co-requisite, other restrictions), the error/hold will display with your schedule, and the course will not be added.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to add additional classes.
Students enrolling in the Alamo Colleges for the first time who have earned less than 15 college level semester credit hours must register for a Student Development course (SDEV). Student Development is a required course. If you change your schedule, you must contact the SDEV representatives at your college.
It is highly recommended that you register early and follow an educational goal plan:
- Degree Plan
- Certificate Program
- Transfer Plan