Scholarship Award Ceremony
August 21, 2014
9:30 am in the Performing Arts Building (NPAC)
Northeast Lakeview College (1201 Kitty Hawk Rd.)
Congratulations on your scholarship!
This ceremony will recognize Northeast Lakeview College scholarship recipients and honor their academic accomplishments. Students will have an opportunity to meet some of the College’s administrators.
Below are specific details regarding the event. Please read the instructions carefully.
Please remember to RSVP to email@example.com or by calling (210) 486-5254 by August 18th. With your RSVP, please provide the following:
- THE number of guests (up to 2)
- Your future career goals.
- Doors to the NPAC will open at 8:30 am.
- Please arrive by 9:00 am to receive a nametag and additional instructions.
- You will be asked to join the other recipients in the Green Room where you grouped by scholarship.
- At 9:25 am, all recipients will walk into the auditorium together and take a seat on stage. It is imperative that you are on time.
During the ceremony
- Scholarship recipients will be seated on the stage of the auditorium.
- When your scholarship is announced, you and other recipients with the same scholarship will be asked to stand up, come up the center aisle in a single file line, speak into the microphone and say your name and career goal.
- You will then proceed around the outer perimeter of the chairs on stage and take your seat
Before the ceremony, you and your two guests are invited to a meet-and-greet in the foyer of the Performing Arts Center. You are encouraged to visit with fellow awardees as well as faculty, administration, and visitors.
Dress for the event is business casual which communicates professionalism.
- Women, a dressed up version of your casual clothes, Khakis, slacks or skirt, sweater set, open-collar shirt and jacket are appropriate.
- Men, slacks or Khakis and a collared shirt are appropriate. A coat or jacket is not necessary and wearing a tie is optional.
- If jeans are worn, they should be dark and in good shape, pressed with a crease. No ripped or faded worn-out jeans, t-shirts, shorts or other casual looks are appropriate.
- Please note there is limited seating in the NPAC. Your guests’ RSVP will guarantee seating for only two guests.
- Your guests may RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (210) 486-5254.
- Please remind your guests that food and drink are not allowed in the NPAC or the Lecture Hall.
Share the following link with your guests for directions to the College http://alamo.edu/nlc/directions/
Attendees should park in Lot 5. The Performing Arts Center is visible from this lot.
You have been invited to serve as an NLC Scholarship Ambassador. As a Scholarship Ambassador, you will build leadership skills as you represent NLC at various events and functions. We will have several events for scholarship recipients to volunteer at this year. Please RSVP for the Ambassador Orientation by email to email@example.com.