This year, 2015, Northwest Vista College is celebrating 20 years of Creating Opportunities for Success in the San Antonio community. The college is located in one of San Antonio’s fastest growing areas and continues to serve thousands of students every year in search of higher education. We will be celebrating all year long, so join us for the ride and come back to this page often to see what is new in terms of celebrations, milestones and offers.
Celebrate 20 Monthly Offers
- On Tuesday, Jan. 20, the NVC cafeteria will offer FREE 20 oz. fountain drinks with the purchase of a breakfast, lunch or dinner entrée.
Vista 20 Trivia
- Classes began in the fall of 1995 at partner sites, including the Northside Independent School District.
- Enrollment that first semester was 12 students.
- In 1998, NVC opened its first building.
- The first graduating class was in 1998 and had 20 graduates.
- NVC is currently the third largest higher education institution in San Antonio.
- In the 2008-09 academic year, NVC opened five new buildings.
- In 2012, NVC was nationally recognized by the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program.
- In the fall of 2014, there were over 16,000 students enrolled at NVC.
- Dr. Ric Baser is the college’s current president.
- In 2015, NVC will hold its 17th graduation ceremony.
Celebrate Vista Events
Stay tuned for upcoming events to celebrate 20 years of Creating Opportunities for Success!
Get Your Degree at NVC!
To learn about getting an associate degree at NVC, click here.