Welcome Faculty and Staff
Teaching with Technology is located in Manzanillo Hall, Room 204 L, (210) 486-4094. We are located upstairs to the left. Manzanillo Hall is the building closest to the flag poles, near Ellison Dr. and Loop 1604.
Here's a map (Links to an external site.).
Please note that parking is limited Mon-Thur., between approximately 8:30 am - 2:00 pm at the start and end of each term.
Want more hands-on assistance getting started with Canvas*? Please
contact us for an appointment for help with anything
related to teaching and technology. The Teaching with Technology staff
offers assistance with Canvas, ACES, TurnItIn, audio and video
enhancements, and more! Come get your questions answered, receive
hands-on help, and share ideas with other faculty in this interactive
*Canvas- Learning Management System (LMS) is software that allows face-to-face and online instructors the ability to create interactions to facilitate learning. An LMS is not just a content delivery tool.
- Assistance developing courses
- One-on-one help
- Online pedagogy ideas and best practices
- Assistance using other online and web-enhancing tools
- Walk-In help and workshops for Canvas tools - available Mon-Fri (Please call ahead to let us know when to expect you)
- Intro to Canvas- All faculty are required to be trained in this system, regardless of employment status (full-time or adjunct), discipline, or types of courses you teach.
- Online Teaching Certification (OTC) - All faculty who wish to teach fully online courses are required to be certified to teach online. Please search for NVC Online Faculty Certification in Alamo Talent or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.