Academic Advising for First-Time in College (FTiC) Students
Hands On-Line Advising, or HOLA, is a communication solution, developed at Northwest Vista College, that will revolutionize how students are served. HOLA provides the academic advising that is required for all First-Time in College (FTiC) students via dynamic, interactive, self-paced, online modules. These modules may feature audio narratives, photo galleries, and/or videos along with the standard dynamic reading content. Quizzes at the end of each module ensure that students have understood and mastered the curriculum. Another great feature of HOLA is the integrated live chat application which gives students the ability to chat with an Academic Advisor whenever they need assistance.
HOLA...the last step in our FTiC Admission's Process
The following items must be completed before you are eligible to attend an HOLA sessions...
- ApplyTexas Admissions Application
- Qualifying Placement Exam Scores
- Official High School Transcript or original GED Certificate with attached scores
- Welcome to NVC
- Exploring Your Educational Opportunities
- Choosing Your Educational Plan
- Understanding Your Educational Plan
- How Your Placement Exam Scores Affect Your Plan
- Building Your College Schedule
- Paying for College
- Staying Informed and Getting Involved
- The Importance of Academic Advising
Learn about all of the resources available to you at Northwest Vista College and how to successfully register for your first semester...sign-up for an HOLA session today!