Welcome to Advising at Northwest Vista College!
The Advising, Career and Transfer Services (ACT) Team provides integrated academic and career services to students. The NVC and the ACT team are committed to creating opportunities for student success.
Are you a new, returning or transfer student?
We are excited to help you get started on your educational journey! Before seeking advising services, please click here determine the admissions steps that apply to you.
First Time In College students:
If you have completed your enrollment checklist, please sign up for the required New Student Orientation/ Advising session HERE
What services can I obtain from the ACT Team?
Academic Advising Services-Cypress Campus Center (CCC)
- Need to know what classes to take? Visit with an advisor to go over your degree plan
- Are you on Academic Dismissal? Academic Dismissal Appeals;
- Are you transferring to Northwest Vista College? Transfer to NVC
- Need to request permission to take additional hours? Please download and complete a Petition for Overload. Forms can be submitted online using the 'submit form' button in upper right corner of the form, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or dropped off at the Advising Services Check-In window located on the first floor of the Cypress Campus Center. Download form: Overload Petitions
- Ready to Graduate? Graduation Advising
- International Student Advising
Career and Transfer Services - Cypress Campus Center (CCC) 200
- Career Exploration
- Transfer Services
- Resume, Interview and Job Search assistance
Veteran's Center - Cypress Campus Center (CCC) 110
How do I see an academic advisor?
Academic advisors see students on a walk in basis only. We encourage you to plan ahead to visit with an advisor prior to the peak registration period for a shorter wait time. To sign up to see an advisor, click the link below. To ensure we are able to visit with each student we sign in, we may discontinue our sign in list for the day prior to our closing time. PLEASE NOTE: During registration periods, this may happen very early in the day.
No more need to STAND in line- We've gone virtual!
**We are excited about this new service, but realize it will take some time for our new system to learn our estimated wait times. Please understand that during this process, actual wait times may be longer than estimated wait times. We appreciate your patience as we work to improve our services. **