Wisdom for Math Classes
- Don’t wait to enroll in math classes. Get started now!
- If math is tough for you, don’t overload your school and work schedule while taking a math course. You’ll need time outside of class to attend lab and do homework.
- Do your homework. Doing math every day rather than cramming before a test will get you better results every time! And, you can always do more homework than your professor assigns for extra practice.
- If you need accommodations (interpreter, wheelchair access, etc.) contact the Access Office.
- Take advantage of the Readiness Center in CCC 126 for any advising questions.
- Take advantage of the free Math Tutoring opportunities in Juniper Hall 308 and 316.
- Have back up plans in place. If your car has a flat tire how will you get to class? (Get a few classmates’ phone numbers and build a network of support.)
- Read the Math Bill of Rights.
Studying Tips for Math http://mathcs.slu.edu/undergrad-math/success-in-mathematics/
Test-taking Tips for Math http://www.testtakingtips.com/test/math.htm