Who may borrow NVC materials?
- all currently-enrolled Alamo Colleges students (with a valid Alamo Colleges student ID)
- all Alamo Colleges faculty and staff (with an Alamo Colleges ID)
- TexShare Card holders (with current TexShare Card and school ID)
- Bexar County residents (NVC community members)with a valid photo ID such as a driver's license
How do I get a library card?
- Students should use their current Alamo Colleges student ID.
- Faculty and staff should use their faculty/staff ID or a valid photo ID.
- NVC community members are required to fill out a New Library Patron registration form and provide a valid photo ID.
Where are books and other materials located?
- Circulating books, reference books, and other media are all located in the NVC library on the first floor of the Redbud Learning Center.
- All books are arranged by Library of Congress classification.
How many items can I check out of the library?
Please refer to the tables below for Check out limits and renewal information. (Note the different limits on the type of items)
Limits and Renewal Information for Students and Faculty/Staff:
Limits and Renewal Information for Community Members
and TexShare Card Holders:
Fines and Fees:
No overdue fines are charged on circulating items from NVC library. Materials borrowed from our sister libraries and outside colleges may incur a fine if returned late. Fines due at sister libraries may be paid here. The NVC library cannot collect fines for other institutions.
For AV items like DVDs and audio CDs, all parts must be returned. A charge of $10.00 will be collected for any item that is returned incomplete. Patrons may also have the option of replacing the item - check with the librarian on duty for details.
One Overdue Notice is emailed when an item is two weeks overdue. A billed notice is emailed at 28 days. Registration and Transcript holds are applied to patron records until item(s) are returned or paid for.
Fee for a lost item is the purchase price plus $10.00 processing fee.
All fees must be paid at NVC Bursar's Office (CCC 105).
Where can books be returned?
- At the circulation desk in the library.
- An outside Library Book Return is located at the circle drive between Huisache and Juniper halls.
What if the book/periodical isn't available at any Alamo Colleges library?
- If we can identify another San Antonio area library that does own the item, we may issue you a TexShare card so that you may borrow it yourself. The reference librarian will explain your options. OR
- For assistance in locating materials outside the district, contact the reference librarian.
Group Study Rooms:
The library has three study rooms for groups of 3 or more and one study room for 1 person or group of 2. These study rooms are available to current students for group study and collaborative work on class projects. Study rooms are not intended for student club meetings and social gatherings.
The goal of the NVC Library Group Study Rooms guidelines is to provide fair and equitable access to a limited resource and to maintain a low noise level in order to encourage academic work and thought.
Group Study Room Information Table:
To check out a study room, you will need your valid Alamo Colleges ID.
Please have your group with you.
Study room kits contain: 4 dry erase markers, 1 eraser, 1 spray cleaner & 1 cloth.
There is a 2 or 3 hour time limit on study rooms (see table above).