About the Open Computer Lab
The Open Computer Lab provides students with the latest technology and resources,
as well as the assistance needed to successfully complete class assignments and
projects. The Open Computer Lab is a great place to come and do research related to your
courses. We have a friendly and knowledgeable staff to help you with whatever
questions you may have.
The Open Computer Lab provides PC's and Mac's, as well as
specialized software for your classes. It also has accessible areas for
students with disabilities, including software to aid students who have
difficulty hearing, seeing or typing.
Where is the Open Computer Lab?
The Open Computer Lab is located on the first floor of Juniper Hall, Room 106 (JH-106).
Who can use the Open Computer Lab?
- are currently registered for classes at NVC
- need access to a computer
- need access to the Internet
- need to print their assignments
- need to scan or use a copier
- need special software applications for classes such as digital media
- need access to a projector to practice upcoming class presentations
- require use of specialized software such as JAWS in the ADA rooms
- need assistance navigating through our specialize hardware and software in the ADA rooms
For the Open Computer Lab Policy, click here.
We welcome everyone to visit the computer lab and make use of the resources offered. However, the computer lab is a non-credit lab. If you are taking a class that requires credit lab hours, please go to the Student Resources page.