About the Open Computer Lab
The Open Computer Lab provides students with the latest technology and resources, as well as the assistance, needed to successfully complete class assignments and projects. Students may also research and explore the latest information related to their majors. The lab is staffed by a Technology Support Manager, a Computer Lab Technician and several lab assistants who are available Monday through Saturday to help students. In addition, the computer lab also serves as a support resource for faculty and students by providing Biology, English, Reading, Math, Spanish and other self-paced software. The Open Lab consists of 129 Dell PCs, five Apple Mac computers, as well as iPads and mini laptops for checkout. The extended room to the Open Lab, 106G, provides specialized software such as Interactive Physiology, Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCad.
The Open Computer Lab also has adaptive areas for disabled students which provide specialized software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, for individuals who have difficulty typing, JAWS for students who have difficulty seeing and built-in speakers for individuals who have difficulty hearing.
Where is the Open Computer Lab?
The Open Computer Lab is located on the first floor of Juniper Hall, Room 106 (JH-106).
Who can use the Open Computer Lab?
- are currently registered for classes at NVC
- need access to a computer
- need access to the Internet
- need to print their assignments
- need to scan or use a copier
- need special software applications for classes such as digital media
- need access to a projector to practice upcoming class presentations
- require use of specialized software such as JAWS in the ADA rooms
- need assistance navigating through our specialize hardware and software in the ADA rooms
For the Open Computer Lab Policy, click here.
We welcome everyone to visit the computer lab and make use of the resources offered. However, the computer lab is a non-credit lab. If you are taking a class that requires credit lab hours, please go to the Student Resources page.