AAAA Swim Teams
Welcome to the Swim Team Page!
The Aquatic Center at Palo Alto College has two year-round swim teams. Both swim teams are sanctioned and compete in local, state, and national competitions.
To join the youth team, swimmers must be:
- Between the ages of 8 and 18
- Able to swim 100 yards freestyle with side breathing
- Able to swim 50 yards backstroke
- Able to swim 25 yards competitive breaststroke OR 25 yards competitive butterfly.
Families must make an appointment with Coach Schriner for a swim evaluation before signing up for the youth team. They can make an appointment by emailing email@example.com or by calling 512-569-3363.
Training fees are $70 per month. Swim practice is M-Th 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Registration packets are available through Coach Schriner or at the Palo Alto Campus Recreation office.
To join the adult group, swimmers must be:
- 19 or older
- Able to swim 25 yards (one length) of the pool
- Able to show proof of registration with United States Masters Swimming by the start of the third week of practice
Training fees are $60 per month. Swim practice is M-Th 5:30-6:30 p.m.
To help make swimming more affordable, Palo Alto offers three training fee reductions:
- $10 discount for paying online
- 50% reduction in training and meet entry fees for families who participate in a free/reduced-cost lunch program
- No training fees for individuals who become registered with USA Swimming, become certified officials, and volunteer to officiate at Palo Alto swim meets