Mental Health Nursing Technician (MHNT)
This course provides the healthcare worker specialized training that enables them to:
- Bridge ethnic, linguistic, and socioeconomic divides
- Serve as liaisons between health, social services, and community members
- Develop methods to educate the patient/resident about self-care, encourage participation in social and therapeutic activities, and recognize and report suicidal or violent behavior.
Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of mental illnesses and their symptoms, appropriate medications, crisis intervention, suicide prevention, and emergency care. Demonstrate respectful communication, cultural compassionate care, and creative approaches to challenging behaviors.
ATTENTION EMPLOYERS: This course is designed to upgrade and enhance the healthcare worker's current occupational skills and qualifications. We can also customize our training for Businesses and Industries to meet their specific training needs.
The training will best serve those responsible for patients/residents in the following settings:
- Mental Health settings
- In-patient and partial hospitals
- Nursing Homes
- Boarding Homes
- Public school staff/Counselors
Prerequisites: Must be an active C.N.A., licensed, or registered healthcare worker to enroll.
Prerequisite: Background Check (www.precheck.com)
Hep B Shot series (Plan ahead! This shot series takes six months)
M/W alt.Saturdays 5:30-9:30pm