In Foreign Language education, the goal is to offer student resources and experiences that will provide further instruction and practice in speaking, reading, writing, and listening in their target language, as well as cultural information necessary to acquire a better understanding of the people and the language they are studying.
Foreign Language Lab
The Foreign Language Lab is set-up as a learning/tutorial structure to reinforce second-language skills for students who are enrolled in the primary or elementary levels of Spanish and French. The lab is structured as an open lab environment.
The primary purpose of the lab:
- To promote and encourage learning
- To open up a world of authentic sources essential to students
- To establish interactions between students and native speakers
- To provide interesting materials to work on for motivation and enrichment
- To enable students to learn about contemporary culture and everyday life in the second language
With the addition of an up-graded lab, we pave the way for incoming students to improve the basic skills needed in taking a foreign language course. The use of multimedia tools brings many benefits to education.The installation of "The SmartClass Multimedia System" provides access to a set of powerful and interactive tools for:
- Presenting Information
- Sharing Information
- Monitoring Student Comprehension
- Meeting Today's Educational Challenges