Information Research Certificate
The Library at Palo Alto College offers a program, called the INFORMATION RESEARCH CERTIFICATE, which serves as a tool for helping students do research and also serves as an additional method for faculty to encourage their students to stay enrolled and excel in their courses. Click here to take the online Information Research Certificate classes. For face to face classes, click here.
- Module 1: How do I search? Organizing and conducting research
- Module 2: What sources should I use? Choosing and evaluating sources.
- Module 3: How do I find books? Searching the library catalog for books, e-books, and e-videos.
- Module 4: How do I find articles? Finding the most relevant databases that the library owns to find professinal articles.
- Module 5: Can I use the web? Using the web for research.
- Module 6: How do I cite sources? Citing sources using MLA styles for a variety of sources.
- Module 7: How do I cite sources? Citing sources using APA styles for a variety of sources.
Please send comments to: Camille Fiorillo