NEW Testing Information for ALL Students (Transition into new TSI test requirements)
Accuplacer scores will be valid for students who are enrolled in paid classes on August 26-the first day of class. Any student enrolling August 26 and beyond (even if they previously took the Accuplacer) will be required to take the new TSI test. The new TSI test will be available beginning August 26.
- Accuplacer testing will cease on Saturday, August 17.
- Students without test scores or a state approved exemption can test till Saturday, August 17 but must enroll before the first day of class in order for the Accuplacer scores to be valid.
- Students testing August 26 and beyond can only register for the Fall Start II or Fall Flex II sessions.
- All Accuplacer test scores become invalid for all students not enrolled in paid classes on August 26, 2013.
What is theTSI Assessment test?
The TSI test is a state approved exam. It will identify your academic strengths and areas that may need more development to help you succeed in college courses. The test results are needed for all students who have had little or no previous college course work, even if a student is considered exempt/waived from the state's Texas Success Initiative (TSI) testing requirement.
Payment and Appointments
Once it’s been determined if you are eligible for TSI you will need to pay and then schedule an appointment.
- Payment is accepted through the Palo Alto College Virtual Business office
- Schedule an appointment at the Palo Alto College Testing Center Appointment Calendar after payment has been made.
- Have the following information with you: your ACES Account, Banner Number, receipt number and portion of the test you will be taking
What to bring on your test date
- You will need to have a valid photo ID.
- You must have a current application on file at one of the Alamo Colleges in order to test.
- In order to take the placement exam, you will need to know your Banner ID (Student ID). Please click on the following link to retrieve your Banner ID
- Paid receipt for test.
When can I retest?
- You are allowed to retest the next day after your initial test.
- We recommend a student retest after two weeks, following a formal test intervention program (PASS) or review a test prep link below.
- A $12 fee will be charged for each portion retaken.