What is the Accuplacer placement test?
The Accuplacer test is a state approved exam. It will identify your academic strengths and areas that may need more development to help you succeed in college courses. The test results are needed for all students who have had little or no previous college course work, even if a student is considered exempt/waived from the state's Texas Success Initiative (TSI) testing requirement.
Payment and Appointments
Once it’s been determine if you are eligible for Accuplacer you will need to pay and schedule an appointment.
- Payment is accepted through the Palo Alto College Virtual Business office
- Schedule an appointment at the Palo Alto College Testing Center Appointment Calendar
- Have the following information with you: your ACES Account, Banner Number, receipt number and portion of the test you will be taking
What to bring on your test date
- You will need to have a valid photo ID.
- You must have an application on file at one of the Alamo Colleges in order to test.
- In order to take the placement exam, you will need to know your Banner ID (Student ID). Please click on the following link to retrieve your Banner ID
- The exam fee of $29 for entire exam or $10 per section.
When can I retest?
- Your first retest may be after 2 weeks from initial test date.
- All retests, after the initial retest, will be 6 weeks.
- A $10 fee will be charged for each portion retaken.