STEP 1: Welcome Advising Center (Palomino Center, Room 103)
- Complete Application for Admissions
Submit the following documents
- Apply Texas.org. The Welcome Advising Center (Palomino Center, Room 103) has a small computer lab that can be used during office hour
Complete an Accuplacer Placement Test (if needed, see Testing Center for more information, Brazos Building Room 100)
- Official College Transcripts, with any attempted college course work. (Mailed or Hand Carried in Sealed Envelope)
- All documents can be submit to the Records and Registration Office (Palomino Center, Room 117). Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing of any documents submitted.
- Click link for Dates, Times, and requirements. A placement test is used to help determine your level of preparation for college level coursework, helps identify your academic strengths and areas that may need more development to help you succeed in college courses. The test results are needed for all students who have had little or no previous college coursework, even if a student is considered exempt/waived from the state's Texas Success Initiative (TSI) testing requirement.
STEP 2: Group Advising/Registration Session
- Complete a FAFSA
- PALO ALTO COLLEGE - Federal School Code 016615
- Financial Aid is located in the Palomino Center Bldg Rm. 108 - Phone: (210) 486-3600 Fax: (210) 486-3601
- Receipt of payment secures your enrollment in classes. Computer lab available to complete the FASFA in the Welcome Advising Center.
STEP 3 : Group Advising/Registration Session
- Build Your Schedule: Meet with Counselor/Advisor for Group Advisement Session
- Register for a required SDEV 0170 course (College Success)
- What to Bring:
Register early for classes
Print schedule and tuition bill on ACES
Make sure to check the Academic Calendar for important dates
- Copies of your transcripts and test scores
- Print a Degree Plan
STEP 4 : Parking and Transportation
VIA Bus Passes:
VIA bus passes are available for students during the Fall and Spring semesters for $35.00. A VALID COLLEGE STUDENT PICTURE ID is required. VIA Bus Passes may be purchased on-campus at the Business Office. Continuing Education students must contact the Via Metropolitan office to obtain a bus pass.
Parking Permits may be purchased during on-campus registration or at the Business Office all during the semester. Students and employees are eligible to purchase Parking Decal/Tag. Exceptions are authorized through the president's office (Article IV of the Parking and Traffic Rules and Regulations). Additional Parking decals will be 25.00 per vehicle. Three or more vehicles will need to show proof of car insurance.
A Vehicle Registration Form must be completed and the full tuition payment must be paid, prior to receiving a parking permit. Each student parking on the campus must have a parking permit. Note: License plate number is required on the Vehicle Registration Form
For more information please stop by the Bursar's Office (Palomino Cener Rm 115).