Providing Hope and Opportunity
The TRiO Student Support Services Program at Palo Alto College is dedicated to providing quality services to eligible students. Our primary goal is to foster a climate supportive of student academic achievement that ultimately, will lead to graduation and/or transfer to a 4-year educational institution.
Students requesting to be a participant in the program must be a U.S. Citizen and be one of the following criteria:
- Low-income OR
- First-generation college student (neither parent graduated from college) OR
- Disabled (documented disability on file with Disabilities Support Services)
The program encourages and promotes academic achievement and excellence. The federal TRiO Programs are educational opportunity outreach programs designed to motivate and support students from disadvantaged backgrounds. The TRiO Student Support Services Program at PAC is committed to increasing the retention and graduation rates of first generation, low income students and students with disabilities.
- TRiO began with the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964
- Special Services, now Student Support Services, was created in 1968
- TRiO SSSP at PAC has a National Honor Society Chi Alpha Epsilon (Chartered in 2008)
- TRiO SSSP participates in a National TRiO Project “Giving Back to Our Community” each February