Benefits of Program
RESPONSIBLE EDUCATION THROUGH EXCELLENCE, ACCESSIBILITY, AND DIVERSITY
San Antonio College is a public community college which provides for and supports the educational and lifelong learning needs of a multicultural community. As a leader in education, San Antonio College is committed to excellence in helping students reach their full potential by developing their academic competencies, critical thinking skills, communication proficiency, civic responsibility and global awareness. San Antonio College fulfills its mission by offering the following:
- Transfer education designed to provide students with the first two years of the
- General education courses in the liberal arts and sciences to support all college
- Career preparation provided through a wide range of programs to prepare students
for immediate employment.
- Developmental studies for students needing to bring their basic skills to a level
appropriate for college work.
- Continuing education to offer a variety of training, licensure, and professional
- Academic support services that include a comprehensive learning resource
center and basic skills activities that complement instruction.
- Student support services to provide assessment, advising, counseling, tutoring,
financial assistance, and social and cultural activities for all students, including
those with special needs.
- Promotion of cross-cultural understanding and appreciation through instructional
and social activities that contribute to cultural awareness and interaction.
- Involvement of business, industry, and professional groups in planning and revising
educational programs to meet workforce needs.
- An environment conducive to learning through an attractive physical campus and
wellness oriented programs and services.
- Continuous assessment of programs and services and the utilization of results
- Operation of the College within available fiscal resources to provide accountability
to taxpayers of the District.