San Antonio College Admissions:
To apply for Admission to the College:
- Application and current admission to San Antonio College must be placed through www.applytexas.org ; please note that if you have been away from our college for longer than one semester you will have to reapply for admission to San Antonio College.
- General Admission Requirements to the College
- Applicants to the Mortuary Science Program must meet college admission requirements as outlined in the www.alamo.edu/sac under the Future Students tab or you can visit http://www.alamo.edu/sac/admissions/ for a checklist for both First Time in College students and Transfer students. Applicants must have earned either a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) in addition to complying with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements before they are eligible to apply to the program. Students should consult with the college counseling office to determine their TSI status prior to applying to the Mortuary Science Program.
- Send official Transcripts (if applicable) for college work accomplished outside of the Alamo Colleges to our Admissions and Records office (1300 San Pedro Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78212 ; Please do not submit these transcripts to the Mortuary Science Department!
- Apply to the Mortuary Science Program : Link to Mortuary Science Application The application must be submitted to Mortuary Science Department. Please submit proof your Hepatitis B vaccination series along with your application. (See the immunizations section for more details.)
Mortuary Science Application Periods
Application period for FALL semester admission:
Application period for SUMMER semester admission:
March 1-May 1
Application period for SPRING semester admission:
July 1-October 1
Notification letters for program entrance will be sent to their @student.alamo.edu college email address.
All submitted applications to the Mortuary Science department must include a copy of their completed Hepatitis B series (3 vaccination series) or serologic confirmation of immunity to Hepatitis B. If the applicant is unable to submit their series in full, they must submit proof of their first vaccination with their application. Applicants will be responsible for providing copies of their 2nd annd 3rd Hepatitis B vaccine as they are administered. Students should only submit copies and retain original copies for their own records. Students will be also responsible for showing proof of their Hepatitis B in the following Mortuary Science courses: MRTS 1330 Funeral Service Internship Orientation, MRTS 2432 Human Anatomy, MRTS 1286 Internship-Funeral Services and Mortuary Science, MRTS 2445 Technical Procedures I, and MRTS 2286 Internship- Funeral Services and Mortuary Science. Failure to comply will result in the delay or dismissal of your application.