About the Student Ambassador Program
The San Antonio College Student
Ambassador program was established to promote involvement, encouragement and
peer understanding to new, current and prospective students. We seek students
from a variety of backgrounds with varied interests, talents, opinions, and
experiences that represent our diverse student population.
The mission of our program is to create a
student-driven organization whereby helping fellow students and the
public-at-large is the prominent culture.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing a warm welcome to students during peak registration by
responding to frequently-asked-questions.
- Provide a warm welcome to visitors during public events.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to college
- Participate in college committees and provide student input and
Expectations of Student Ambassadors
Committing to be an Ambassador means that
you will hold a position of leadership and public exposure on our campus.
Ambassadors will be called to volunteer in formal and informal ways during college
events and peak registration periods. These
volunteer opportunities allow Student Ambassadors to gain extensive knowledge
of institutional processes, personal and professional opportunities for growth,
and get to know students, faculty and staff.
Becoming a Student Ambassador is designed
to benefit you as well. As a leader you will gain valuable experiences for your
resume, sharpen your communication skills, gain confidence, learn about
academic and professional opportunities, reinforce your own academic
performance, and network with college leaders and peers. Also, role modeling and positive on-campus
relationships contribute significantly to student success. Your volunteer
service and leadership can inspire, motivate, and empower others to realize
their potential through sharing personal stories, sharing time, and sharing
Student Ambassador Attributes and Abilities
- Work with
a diverse group of people
- Work as a
- Use discretion and good judgment
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Information literacy
- Possess a willingness to serve students
- Be flexible and collaborative
Ambassador Eligibility and
- Be enrolled at San Antonio College
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be professional when serving as an Ambassador
- Adhere to the student conduct and student responsibility policies of
Alamo Colleges District
- Be available for training, meetings, special events and programs
- Be responsive to email or voicemail communication within the
designated time period.
Levels of Service Awards
Ambassadors can also receive incentives
after achieving more than 40 hours of volunteer service to the college.