|What is the Surveying Technology program?
Surveying Technology prepares students for positions as land surveyors. The Land Surveying Certificate is also for those already in jobs who wish to increase their knowledge and eligibility for promotion.
The student will have a professional knowledge of computer use and network file management and be able to use AutoCAD and other software to create drawings utilized in the civil/land utilization fields.
In addition, the student will:
- Perform and document boundary surveys, topographical surveys, and construction layout surveys.
- Be able to perform appropriate calculations used in the land surveying field
- Gain an understanding of the legal principles utilized in the land surveying field in Texas;
- Be familiar with the use and theory of different Global Navigation Satellite Systems in Land Surveying; and
- Use both automatic levels and digital levels to perform leveling operations.
|What can I do with this course of study?
Positions are available to the graduates of this program almost anywhere in the United States. Careers are available in areas such as residential, commercial, and industrial development with this education.
|What's special about program?
Courses in this program are taught by practicing professionals.