Construction Technology Department offers a two year program leading to an
Associate Degree in Applied Science or a one-year Certificate of Completion.
These progressive programs provide the basic skills and knowledge used for
light commercial and residential construction. Both tracks are designed to complement
apprenticeship training of various craft trade professions and offer a
standardized construction curriculum with portable credentials.
Construction Technology program provides learners with a well-rounded education
in construction principles and practices with an emphasis on real-world
hands-on learning experience in our construction laboratory. Learners build full-size mock-ups and
participate in various service learning construction projects that will prepare
learners for a fulfilling craft trade profession of their preference.
from the Construction Technology programs are work-ready for a variety of craft
trade professions in the construction industry. The Construction Technology
Department works closely with local professional craft trade partners to insure
what we teach our learners is what meets the needs of local employers. Our
graduates are successfully working at both small and large contracting companies
and some even owning their own businesses.
Curriculum is certified by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
The Construction Technology Program at St. Philip’s College offers program instruction in English only.
Construction Technology Program Physical/Health Requirements
- Finger and Manual dexterity
- Ability to climb ladders,use step stools and platforms.balance, stoop, kneel, and lift heavy loads (20 lbs.), reach over objects.
- Near visual acuity and depth perception
- Visual Color Discrimination -- The ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Note: Students with special needs must register with the Disability Resource Center prior to the beginning of classes.
Professional Degrees and Certificates
Faculty & Staff
View Faculty & Staff directory listing