“Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence”
The program is designed to collaborate with established organizations and agencies to address the plight of an often over-looked demographic: young men of color. EMBODI is designed to address these issues through dialogue, and recommendations for change and action.
- What: 7th Annual EMBODI Men of Color Conference
- When: Saturday, May 6; 2017; 7:45am–2:30pm
- Where: St. Philip's College Heritage Room (in the Campus Center) and Watson Fine Arts Auditorium
- Cost: Event is FREE!!
- Theme: "Disciplined Men With Disciplined Thoughts Taking Disciplined Actions"
- Sponsored by: SPC, NLC, NVC, the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center.
- Participants: Middle/High School and College Men
- EMBODI Conference at a Glance: What does it mean to be a Disciplined Man with Disciplined Thoughts Taking Disciplined Actions?
The Essay Contest is OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON SATURDAY, APRIL 15, 2017.
Males who are high school seniors or college students are invited to participate in this contest. Please click on the link below to download the EMBODI Scholarship Application.
EMBODI Scholarship Application (.doc) | EMBODI Scholarship Application (.pdf)
When you hear the word “disciplined” you may think
of someone who has obeyed rules or someone who has a certain code of behavior.
This type of disciplined thought should lead to actions that produce a specific character or pattern
of behavior, especially training that produces moral or mental improvement.
In an essay, described a time that you exercised
disciplined thoughts and took disciplined action(s) that led to an outcome that
you were proud of. Also, reflect on what could have occurred had you not used
disciplined thoughts and the possible negative outcome.
- (2) $500 Scholarships – St. Philip's College
- (1) $500 Scholarship – The San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northeast Lakeview College
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northwest Vista College
Please submit essays to Dr. Dollie Hudspeth (firstname.lastname@example.org). Participants who submit a scholarship essay will receive a gift card. You must attend the conference to pick up your scholarship. If you cannot attend, you must send a representative to receive the scholarship. This event is a collaboration between the following partners: St. Philip's College, Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center.