“Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence”
The program is designed to collaborate with established organizations and agencies to address the plight of an often over-looked demographic: young men of color. EMBODI is designed to address these issues through dialogue, and recommendations for change and action.
- What: 6th Annual EMBODI Men of Color Conference
- When: Saturday, May 7; 7:45am–3:00pm
- Where:St. Philip's College
- Cost: Event is FREE!!
- Theme: "You Are Unstoppable"
- Sponsored by: SPC, NLC, and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, MDHRC
- Participants: Middle/High School and College Men
- EMBODI Conference at a Glance: "You and the Law", "Respect Yourself", "Social Media and You", and "Wrap It Up"
The Essay Contest is OPEN UNTIL FULL
Males who are high school seniors or college students are invited to participate in this contest. Please click on the link below to download the EMBODI Scholarship Application.
EMBODI Scholarship Application (.doc) | EMBODI Scholarship Application (.pdf)
When you hear the word “unstoppable,” you may think of being “unrelenting,” “persevering,” or “relentless.” In an essay
define how you overcame an obstacle or obstacles by relating an experience you have had where you were not stopped,
reached the goal you had set for yourself, and reflect on what you gained from that experience that will help you to remain
unstoppable in the future and help others do the same.
- (2) $500 Scholarships – St. Philip's College
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northeast Lakeview College
- (1) $500 Scholarship – Northwest Vista College
Please submit essays to Dr. Dollie Hudspeth (firstname.lastname@example.org). Participants who submit a scholarship essay will receive a gift card. This event is a collaboration between the following partners: St. Philip's College, Northeast Lakeview College, the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, and the Myra Davis Hemmings Resource Center.