“Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence”
The program is designed to collaborate with established organizations and agencies to address the plight of an often over-looked demographic: young men of color. EMBODI is designed to address these issues through dialogue, and recommendations for change and action.
- What: 5th Annual EMBODI Men of Color Conference
- When: Saturday, May 2; 7:45am–3:00pm
- Where: St. Philip's College
- Cost: Event is FREE!!
- Theme: "I Am My Brother's Keeper"
- Sponsored by: SPC, NLC, and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, MDHRC
- Participants: Middle/High School and College Age Men
- EMBODI Conference at a Glance: "You and the Law", "Respect Yourself", "Social Media and You", and "Wrap It Up"
- Topic: "I Am My Brother's Keeper"
- Essay should include the role of Men of Color regarding self-responsibility to their follow man.
- (2) $500 Scholarships–SPC;
- (1) $500 Scholarship–Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.;
- (1) $500 Scholarship–NLC
All entries receive gift cards. This event is a collaboration between the following partners: