Massage Therapy - Certificate of Completion
The 500-hour Massage Therapy Program is a series of courses that prepare the student to take the national exam to become a Licensed Massage Therapist. Students learn about anatomy, physiology, massage therapy fundamentals, kinesiology, health and hygiene, pathology, business practices, professional ethics, therapeutic modalities, and they complete a 50-hour internship under the supervision of a Licensed Massage Therapist.
The program is comprised of nine different classes, or modalities, and after successful completion of all nine classes, you are eligible to take the national exam.
Download Application Packet
- Massage Therapy Fundamentals I: $985
- Anatomy and Physiology: $497
- Health and Hygiene: $318
- Kinesiology: $459
- Pathology: $458
- Massage Therapy Fundamentals II: $496
- Hydrotherapy/Therapeutic Modalities: $374
- Business and Ethics: $421
- Internship: $800
- The total cost of the program is $4,808 (this does not include textbooks or other supplies)
- Financial aid is available in the form of a TPEG-CE Grant, and you can apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov, or call the Student Financial Services Office at (210) 486-2600 for more information.
- Other costs associated with the Massage Therapy Program: Textbooks - about $130 (Mosby's Essentials Sciences for Therapeutic Massage 3rd edition; Mosby's Fundamentals of Therapeutic Massage 4th edition; Scrubs - about $20)
- Please check back soon for the fall schedule
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- You must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- You must be free of previous felony convictions.
- CPR certification from American Heart Association or Red Cross for Healthcare Providers.
How to Apply:
- You must first apply and be accepted to the Massage Therapy Program.
- Obtain the application packet and fill out the Application for Admission form.
- Gather all required documents - copy of driver's license or other proof of age, copy of high school diploma or GED certificate, copy of CPR certification card.
- Initiate criminal background check by visiting precheck.com.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.