Frequently Asked Questions
What is ACES?
Alamo Colleges Educational Services (ACES) is an online portal which allows students to perform a variety of functions related to their educational pursuits. Students can also monitor the status of their financial aid applications including outstanding financial aid requirements & award details.
What else does ACES offer?
For financial aid, students can check or obtain:
- * your Banner ID needed for college staff to access all financial aid information
- unsatisfied requirements related to FAFSA, Verification, Appeals, and more
- document status as related to Verification, Direct Loans, Appeals and more
- your SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) status
- the Award Summary which notifies students whether they are eligible and shows the actual Fall and Spring award
- the Account Summary which shows your bill, the award once it credits to your account, a refund (if the award is greater than tuition), and any remaining balance the student is responsible for after the award has credited.
* Student Financial Services staff including call center agents cannot access students information or research a Banner ID via a social security number. Students are required to have their Banner ID at the time they visit or call the Student Financial Services office.
What is my ACES e-mail?
Your ACES e-mail, which can also be accessed through ACES, will be the official mode of communication between you and the Alamo Colleges. It is important for students to check their ACES e-mail on a regular basis, failure to do so could result in missed deadlines, unsatisfied requirements, or other important updates.
For more information on the Alamo Colleges e-mail policy go to: F.7.1 (Policy) Student Email Account an Official Mode of Communication
Where exactly can I find my financial aid information on ACES?
Once logged in all information can be found on the student's My Page tab.
I logged into my ACES but I don't have a My Page tab?
If you do not have a My Page tab click on the "Start Here" tab. Your financial aid requirements will appear in the top left corner.
I turned in documents but my requirements still show a red flag indicating the document is "unsatisfied"?
The status on your My Page will remain a red flag or unsatisfied until the document is reviewed by the financial aid office and completed. Once you see the status update to a check mark, this means your document has been processed and it has been determined if you qualify for aid.
Is there any way to see my actual document status on My Page?
Yes, follow step three (3) on the Verification ACES poster.
Learn more about your My Page
View the Navigating ACES tutorial