Alamo GPS News
Congratulations to the Alamo Colleges for the November, 2011, roll-out of Alamo GPS!
- Any matriculated student who has been enrolled effective Fall 2010 has access to Alamo GPS.
- Alamo GPS is available through the ACES homepage. No additional log-in required.
- Updates to your records, such as grade changes, will not appear immediately. Ask an advisor or enrollment services to refresh your record.
- Not all degree plans are loaded into Alamo GPS pending the accuracy verification by the college.
- Major Block Not Found message: Student declared a catalog prior to Fall 2010 or that degree plan has not been validated and loaded into Alamo GPS. Student may use the What-If function to access a degree plan.
- Major Title Missing (code without title seen in Student View block under Major): Degree verification is pending. The title will appear once the approval is given. If major is not validated, student will need to declare a different major.
- Not Applied Toward Degree Block: GENL courses are transfer courses without equivalencies that came over from the legacy student records systems. A course substitution or equivalency process may be used to apply the course to the degree requirements.
- Repeatable courses are not being applied to fulfill requirements in the audit.
- Programming for duplicate credit, old to new course numbers, and cross-listed courses is still in progress.
- Printing feature in the Planner is not accessible.
- Cross listed courses are not applying to appropriate block
Alamo GPS is a living document with ongoing updates and improvements. Watch for these improvements!
- Test scores
- Planner - Degree Plan Templates
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Easier to navigate FIND and What If features
- Electronic course substitutions