Receive up to $4,000 for your Education!
The MyCAA Program is an assistance program sponsored by the Department of Defense (DoD) for qualifying spouses. MyCAA assists in the pursuit of a license, certification or Associate’s Degree necessary for gainful employment. The Alamo Colleges have four colleges participating in MyCAA (All listed as Alamo Community College District at MyCAA):
Compare our costs. How far will $4,000 take you?
MyCAA Contract Tuition Rate
Students using Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) funding have a separate, contract tuition rate. In-state students; $80 per semester hour. Out of state students; $250 per semester hour. Students in courses with special program tuition should contact our representatives for assistance with special course tuition rates.
General Cost of Attendance
What career interests you?
Continuing Education & Workforce Development
Our colleges are listed under the Alamo Community College District when searching MyCAA for institutions.
See if you qualify at MyCAA for funding:
Request your MyCAA Education & Training Plan
1. Have an approved MyCAA account
2. Ensure the program you wish to pursue qualifies for MyCAA funding through MyCAA (catalog program outline)
3. Complete all college admissions requirements
4. Ensure your name on the college student record matches your name in the DEERS system
5. Ensure your declared program of study is correct in your college student record (Alamo GPS)
6. Email our Military Assistance Team from your student email account requesting a MyCAA education and training plan
Paying for Classes with MyCAA Funds
MyCAA Payments are not automatic. Follow these easy steps to ensure your classes are paid for:
1. Register for classes
2. Determine your payment deadline
3. Request financial assistance* for your courses through your MyCAA account
4. Submit approved financial assistance documents before the payment deadline to the college Business Office or to our Military Assistance Team
*Contact the Alamo Colleges Military Assistance Team if you are not certain about which tuition rate to use.
Submit your financial assistance documents in person to the College Bursar or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Extension Requests for Pending MyCAA Funds
If your payment deadline is before your financial assistance request window or prior to funding approval, you may request to be omitted from payment deadline drops. A payment deferment may be granted for those eligible for up front MyCAA financial assistance. Please see our Tuition and Fees Payment Deferment Request form.
Payment Deadline Calendar