Once you meet the following criteria, you are eligible to attend Required Advising for First Time in College Students (FTiC). This mandatory session must be completed prior to course registration:
• I have applied for the term I wish to attend (e.g. Summer 2014)
• All items in my ACES "Start Here" tab are complete
• I have valid assessment scores on file
• I do not have the following holds: RI, RM
• I have submitted or will submit my Bacterial Meningitis Documentation at least one hour prior to my advising session.
Please note: Due to the nature of the advising session, if the above items are not complete and you have signed-up for advising, your advising session will be cancelled and you will be required to re-schedule your session.
If you have met the criteria above, please proceed to sign-up, and remember:
1. You may only sign-up for a session for the term you have applied to and plan to attend (e.g. Summer 2014).
2. You may only sign up for the session you are eligible to attend based on the following criteria:
ADVISING SESSIONS FOR FTiC:
ALAMO PREP/ALAMO READY: Any student who tests below college level in Reading, Writing (INRW) or Math will need to sign-up for the session for Alamo Prep/Alamo Ready Students. These terms have replaced what was previously referred to as developmental education.
COLLEGE READY: A student who is college level in ALL areas: Reading, Writing and Math either by test score placement or exemptions. You may sign-up for the session for College Ready Students