The Alamo Colleges have an open-door admissions policy to ensure that every person has the opportunity for a college education.
Checklist of Items
Have the following available before you begin the online application:
- Social Security Number (SSN)*
- Names and dates of high school and, if applicable, college(s) attended
- Texas county in which you live
- Email address
- Visa/Permanent Resident information**
- TASP/THEA or other TSI assessment scores**
- SAT, ACT, and/or TAAS/TAKS (grade 11) Scores and Test Dates**
* Recording your SSN on the ApplyTexas application is optional, but we strongly encourage you to provide the information. Applications and documents without SSN may require additional confirmation, which results in additional processing time to completion.
**If this applies to your situation.
by submitting the ApplyTexas online application. ApplyTexas.org is a state service that allows students to submit applications to multiple Texas public colleges or universities.
Once admitted to one of The Alamo Colleges, you are eligible to attend all of our colleges - San Antonio College, St. Philip's College, Palo Alto College, Northwest Vista College and Northeast Lakeview College.
If you do not enroll during the term on your application and you would like to enroll in a subsequent term, you will need to submit a new application.
New, Transfer, and Former Students (See Determining your Student Status below)
Who needs to complete the Apply Texas application?
- New and transfer students;
- Former students (previously enrolled in an Alamo College but have not attended within the last 12 months);
- Transient students (i.e. "summer only students");
(If you are an international student, contact an International Student Advisor at the college you wish to attend to apply.)
Select the Two-Year Undergraduate Application; choose one of the Alamo Colleges:
Include your Social Security number (SSN) on the application and submit only one ApplyTexas application. You will receive an automated email response indicating that your application will be sent to the selected school in the next two working days.
Write down and save your User ID and password so you may access ApplyTexas.org in the future. Following submission of your application, any changes in information must be made through the Enrollment Services/Admissions & Records area at your primary college.
For assistance with the application, visit your primary campus during normal business hours. Computers are available at our colleges to submit application.
IMPORTANT: Double-check that your personal information, i.e. name, address etc., from ApplyTexas matches exactly with how you report it on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. If the information doesn't match, your FAFSA application will not download into the Alamo Colleges computer systems.
Allow four working days for processing, then log into the Alamo Colleges ACES electronic portal at https://aces.alamo.edu.
For details click "how do I get a user name and password password?" Additional instructions available at www.alamo.edu/it/aces/aces_id.html.
transcripts in a sealed envelope from high school or GED, and/or official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope from previous college(s). Transcripts may be mailed to your chosen college or delivered in person.
- NLC, Student Services, Student Commons Building, 210-486-5401
- NVC Enrollment Services, Cypress Campus Center, 104A, 210-486-4700
- PAC Admissions and Records, Palomino Center, Room 117, 210-486-3700.
- SAC Enrollment Services/Admissions, Fletcher Administration Center, Room 216, 210-486-0700
- SPC, Welcome Enrollment Center, room 203, 210-486-2830
the required assessment test OR submit your SAT/ACT scores.
Alamo Colleges requires students to take the Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) if they do not have ACT/SAT scores to submit. Cost for the THEA is $29. Sign up online.
THEA - http://thea.starttest.com/
There is still discussion about accepting Accuplacer from high schools and students testing at other colleges.
4. SIGN UP...
for Group Advising.
Who must take group advising:
- All first-time students;
- Students with less than 15 credit hours
Click on the following link: PAC Advising
your @alamo.edu email and the college tab inside ACES - https://aces.alamo.edu - for application information and other pertinent college information.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, is a federally approved application, to apply free for federal and state student grants, work-study and loans.
The amount of tuition you are charged is based on your residency classification, determined according to the information you submit on the ApplyTexas application. You may also be asked to provide documentary evidence that proves your residency status.
If you have questions about residency, contact the Enrollment Services/Admissions & Records area at your college.